Thursday, January 3, 2008

Eulogy

You came into our lives as partial payment for a loan, but you were so much more than that. At first you were just "little blue car", maybe blueberry or bluey if we were feeling spunky. Then came that fateful night when stew was spilled all over your front seat and it was as if destiny had named you. "Stewy bluey". You were always there for us, stewy. Great gas mileage was only part of your magic. You never complained, never any problems. Even when you sat in the driveway, undriven, for four months. With the window down. In the rain. Eventually growing mold on every surface of your interior. Still, you started right up and ran like a champ. A little, blue, stew covered, mold infested, champ. Now, you have moved on. On to a family who will drive you daily, roll up your windows, and probably clean the stew off of the upholstory. A family that doesn't have five children. A family who can actually see the floor of their garage. You will be missed my friend. You will be missed.

2 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

D had to finish reading for me about half way through. I still can't see as I'm typing because of the tears running down my face. I haven't laughed this hard since you crapped your pants in the Walmart parking lot! Ah, the memories. I've referred to my little red jeep as 'stinky' since then.

jlcumber said...

I am so excited that Becky put the Walmart story in this!!! I laughed at this little story of Bluey, but not even half as hard as Walmart!!! :)