Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year, we win!












The annual Thayer-Berg New Years trip to the cabin almost ended in a tie. Alas, the Thayers pulled ahead with a nice fight on the last morning. Something about "I'm not watching your children and your dog" and "That's fine, just leave me, my children and my dog here and go home without us". Good stuff. The real winners of the weekend were me and Mackenzie with a rousing screaming match about sticking tongues out at siblings. This doesn't count, though, as the contest only includes couples. I believe that Chris now working from home has made our propensity for fighting diminish. Too bad for the Thayers. They may never see a rematch of the Seaside Battle Royale 2004.








On another note, the van got stuck in the snow and Jeff, Chris and Richard couldn't get it out. There has only been snow as low as the cabin on one other year, so we weren't expecting it. The husbands went into Sandy to buy chains and a tow rope which did the trick. Still, the whole fiasco took most of the trip to work out. Sorry, Jeff. As usual, good food at ZigZag inn, Calamity Jane's, and Huckleberry inn. Good game nights and no tv make me happy. It was also nice to have the fire already started when we arrived thanks to Richard. We couldn't make it up to the slopes with our van, so the kids and dads sledded down the driveway (see video). I think it worked out better anyway. The warm cabin was a step away, and we didn't have to spend atll that time in the car getting around. As always, a great trip, good company, and a fun tradition.








2 comments:

jlcumber said...

LOVE IT! Love the pictures and love the stories. Nice about the Thayer fight. So typical. I need the whole story though. Looks like you guys had fun again. Still don't want to join you though. :)
xoxo
Jenn

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I always feel so jealous when about this tradition and then you remind me of the brawling and I get over it. Thank you!