Monday, January 14, 2008

The pain is finally over

The Seahawks ended a glorious season on Saturday by losing to the packers in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It was a hard day in our house, but in the end it's for the best. Much like pulling off a band aid, I like to get it over with. I'm sure Chris would disagree fervently, but for me, it's good to be done. Here are the highlights of the game as I saw it:



-The Seahawks scored twice... in their first two plays. Pretty exciting stuff. I didn't appreciate it. I knew they were only getting his hopes up so that they could be dashed into the rocks of defeat and shame.



-The game started on a field of green, but by halftime it was like a winter wonderland. A slippery, very un-Seattle like, winter wonderland. Watching those little guys in the silky, tight costumes slip around like figure skaters was awesome. I'm pretty sure I am alone in this sentiment, too. But, come on, there were some sweet triple axels preformed on Lambo field that day.



-At the end of the first quarter we (by we, I do mean Seattle) were ahead 14-0. By halftime we were down 28-17. This tells you how the 2nd quarter looked. Not pretty. Not happy. Not child friendly. It was during this quarter that our doorbell rang. It was the missionaries. Usually a welcome distraction. Not so much right then. Add to this that Chris had again lost the remote and couldn't even pause the game during their visit. Very painful visit with the elders. Isn't there a moment where you realize it's not a good time for a visit? I guess not.



-Chris screaming something R rated at the TV in the 3rd quarter made Superturd cry. Really cry. Like Roger calling in sick on a no school day type of crying. The, what did I do I really, truly don't know why you hate me so much, crying. So sad. So little Superturd and I held each other and rocked back and forth for a while.



-Kiki thought it would be fun to ask why Stadd couldn't just control his emotions, after all it's only a game, what are you a child? Good move, Kiik. We just got those braces off, don't go getting those pearly whites knocked out now. I have to say that Chris did just say "Don't, just don't". He's a better man then me.



-It was sweet that she put on her jersey and watched the whole game with him. That was cute. And she folded the laundry while she watched. Probably the most impressive move I saw on or off the field that day.



- By the end of the 3rd quarter it was that somber silence that has everyone feeling just so chipper.



- In the end it was the highest-scoring postseason game in Packers' history.



I'm so glad it's over.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

Oh lucky lucky you guys. Josh did end up watching the game and was pretty quiet too, but no cussing. Whew!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Much, much better effort on this post, sis. I especially liked the reference to Roger calling in sick on a no school day. I'm still crying over that one. Can't decide if its the 'hysterical scream laughing cry' or the 'memories I'd like to keep repressed, thank you' cry. I think I'll go rock myself now.