Thursday, February 14, 2008

don't go shopping 2/13

Valentines Day eve is not the time to go to the store for anything. What a madhouse! The parking lot was packed. I saw a multitude of crazed men trying to find an acceptable card. I felt sorry for them. That's a lot of pressure, and Safeway is not the best place to find a card that expresses your undying devotion and commitment. I don't normally get Chris cards but I felt pressure when I saw the other sheep frantically searching. I followed the flock, just in case Chris had gotten me a card and I didn't get him one. All I found was one about farting. I got that one, it's stupid, but I couldn't find one that says, "Thank you for not letting me run far away when I tried to before the wedding. I'm glad I never have to do the dishes or sit home alone. Thank you for realizing that anything I say after 11pm is pure crazy and it's better to not even let me talk after that hour. You're the best at making me feel pretty, even when I've got an afro (or two) going. I'm glad you're so outgoing and don't put up with me wanting to stay in my shell too much. Will you be my Valentine?"

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

TMI i think. :)

Sam said...

Amy:

This was really sweet. Everyone should make their own cards, because that is the really important stuff. You and Chris are a really cute team. :)

Sam