Monday, August 31, 2009

Explanation

Kenzie has pointed out that I never explained the recent takeover of my blog. I forget that not everybody is on Facebook with me and in on the jokes going on over there.

It all started when I was sitting innocently in front of my computer and Beck popped up with an instant message. It said "Have you checked your blog lately?". As terror gripped my heart I went to my blog and saw that the sister that I love, trust, and look up to, had taken over my blog and posted a video of my children condemning my parenting. Seriously...I had imagined SO much worse as I visualized all the pictures she has of me. See, she had just been here and we had followed the NW rule of no hair fixing or makeup or, ummm, shaving...anything. All this while wearing swimsuits most of the time. Once, wearing a swimsuit AND doing the Baywatch run down the beach toward the camera.

Of all the crap she could have posted, I was quite ok with the video.

It did get worse when she realized that, being the trusting and innocent younger sister that I am, I hadn't changed my password. So she posted pictures of me and refused to give me my new password. The first picture deserves an explanation...I have a huge mole on my arm and one of my loving family members had just pointed out that while the mole is gross, it's not nearly as gross as those hairs growing on it. I pointed out that I like them there. It gives me something to play with. With my tongue. That other one is just me showing my hairy pits for the camera. My children will cherish the memories some day, I am sure.

I'd like to point out that I have a full run in my hand right there. I probably won and it was probably God's way of punishing them for mocking my hairy mole.

So, in case you missed it, here's my reaction and everyone's comments on my Facebook wall:

My status update:
Amy McCumber Berg WARNING: Don't EVER give Beck your password..even if it's just because her butt is at your desk and she won't move for you to log in. She will use it for evil purposes. AND get your children involved in her wicked schemes. She's dead to me. Dead.
August 25 at 5:19pm ·



Jennifer McCumber Komp
What did she do??? Your blog???
August 25 at 5:19pm ·

Amy McCumber Berg
YES!!! Punk called Kiki today and talked to her. Should have known they were up to something.
August 25 at 5:20pm ·

Jennifer McCumber Komp
I am crying!!! This is AWESOME!!!
August 25 at 5:21pm ·


Amy McCumber Berg
Not awesome!!! Okay, their creativity is awesome. Beck is a traitor. Time for Thyroid Battle Royale II.
August 25 at 5:23pm ·


Jennifer McCumber Komp
SWEET! As long as I am not a part of it. :) It is funny though.
August 25 at 5:24pm ·

Amy McCumber Berg
You know I don't really care!!! Funny little bastards aren't they?
August 25 at 5:25pm ·

Mike Towers
My friend wants some opinions. Question: If someone keeps calling you addicted to facebook, do any of you think that would start making you actually addicted to facebook.
August 25 at 5:32pm ·


Jennifer McCumber Komp
HAHAHAHA!!!
August 25 at 5:35pm ·

Amy McCumber Berg
That's not funny.
August 25 at 5:45pm ·

Mike Towers
Oh...feed your kids, will ya.
August 25 at 5:53pm ·


Rebecca McCumber Layton
Don't you hate it when you think you've typed your password in wrong but actually someone has changed it?
August 25 at 9:37pm ·



Wait a MINUTE! She did something MORE??? And I trusted her. What a mistake.

More comments:

Moe Young
this is hilarious
August 25 at 5:39pm

Amy McCumber Berg
Don't encourage them, Moe! Tell Jay to get Beck back for me. He'll think of something brilliant!
August 25 at 5:49pm · Delete

Rebecca McCumber Layton
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
August 25 at 7:04pm

Rebecca McCumber Layton
You have NO IDEA.....
August 25 at 7:24pm

Marty Thibert
Admission is the first step to recovery. Good thing your keds are strong enough to feed themselves and help you through this trying time. LOL (Nice work!)
August 25 at 9:18pm


Amy McCumber Berg now she has taken over my gmail account too...wow!!! Nice, sister. Real nice.
August 25 at 9:39pm ·


Rebecca McCumber Layton
Too bad I'm dead to you. Maybe if I was still among the living I could tell you your new password.
August 25 at 9:41pm ·

Jennifer McCumber Komp
Wow!!!!!! Try "I am Beck's B___" or "Beck Rules". I am glad I am not part of this war.
August 25 at 9:53pm ·

Jean O'Connell Macaulay
You guys are a riot!
August 25 at 9:59pm ·

Amy McCumber Berg
Hahaha! Those would be good ones!
August 25 at 10:00pm ·


Amy McCumber Berg she gave me my new password "IlovemySissy". But you know the worst part of this whole thing? It was just so funny and I didn't do it first. That sucks.
August 26 at 10:34am ·

Charissa Palmer
i really loved the video, the girls are so great. thank them for me, i laughted tell i almost wet my pants.
August 26 at 10:38am · Delete

Lloyd Shell
Um.... Ames, now that the entire facebook world knows your password...... you are going to change it right????????
August 26 at 12:24pm · Delete

Amy McCumber Berg
Nah...I like the excitement and suspense of it being out there for just anyone to use. YES I CHANGED IT!
August 26 at 12:38pm · Delete

Ron McDonald Junior
Well, now it's IhatemySissy.
August 26 at 2:41pm · Delete


Rebecca McCumber Layton it must be hard to admit that I'm funnier than you. Oh well.
August 26 at 10:57am ·


Amy McCumber Berg
It must be hard for YOU to admit that you're so mean. At least I only make fun of myself (I'm sure deep down you're so ashamed).
August 26 at 11:06am · Delete

Rebecca McCumber Layton
ashamed? nope. Well, a little ashamed when I realized that I'd peed my pants from laughing so hard at your blog again this morning. Me funny.
August 26 at 11:17am · Delete

Amy McCumber Berg
Go turn off the light, I can sleep with it on.
August 26 at 4:42pm · Delete

Amy McCumber Berg
Is it hard for you to admit that Towers
is funnier than both of us?

1 comments:

Lars said...

Now this is what I call Family History. Of course my man would mention the published password thing. I like him. You women make me laugheth!