Friday, December 5, 2008

Rough week for baby Vee

On Thanksgiving morning I was running an iron over my shirt before we left. Avery was wanting me to pick her up and she reached her hands up for me. Her little hand touched the iron as I slid it toward the edge. I thought it was okay at first. She cried a little, but not too much. Later that day Chris asked why she had blisters on her hand. She had a big blister on the back of each of her three fingers. This picture is over a week later, but look how bad they still are.
The next evening, as we got into La Grande, we stopped by Walmart for some snacks to take out to the ranch. While we were there she pulled an Aunt Leanna and fell out of the grocery cart. She went over the front, landed on her forehead, her forehead stuck to the sticky floor and stayed there while her back kept going and hit the floor. It was a horrible, nauseating sight. I wasn't even worried about her head as much as I was worried that she had broken her neck. She also didn't cry as much as I expected, which made me that much more concerned. She clung to me like a baby monkey and sobbed into my neck. It was really scary.You can still see the yellow bruise under her bangs on the left side of her forehead.

Then, tonight, at the church Christmas party she fell on her head while she was running with the bigger kids. Now she had a nice purple bump on the right side of her forehead. It's more visible, because her cowlick doesn't cover it.






5 comments:

Lars said...

How sad! I hate it when stuff like that happens even though we try all the time to keep the little ones safe. Ouch! Hope she gets all better very soon.

jlcumber said...

So sad! She is one tough kiddo!

Jan said...

Aunt Becky did that exact move off the couch just before she turned one. You described my feeling perfect. I think that was the night the ER nurse asked me if I knew who her father was?

LAYTON FAMILY said...

well DO you?

Jan said...

There is no doubt you belong to Roger McCumber. But he worked nights and wasn't there. I was such a sweet young thing; they thought I was the baby sitter. No lie.