Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Good. The Bad. And the Really Really Fat

The Good: We sold the truck! I was terrified that it would never sell with gas prices the way they are, and since we already bought it's replacement, we pretty much needed it to sell. Good bye, Big Boy Truck, we'll miss you, but not all that much, except when we need to go to the dump, then you'll be missed a whole lot.

The Bad: With the selling of the truck we can pay for the new car and pay off the huge credit card debt from the China Trip. On our date night last night (a Father's Day gift of free babysitting from our oldest) we went on a walk and stopped for ice cream. Very frugal, right? Then we went to Wal-Mart to walk around and spent $107 of our truck proceeds. Have we not learned ANYTHING? We did get things we needed, though, does that help? We got: a cheese slicer, a can opener, four $4 shirts for me (not even stained or smelly yet, how excited am I today?!), a rake, a hoe, another rake, some earphones, and some lunch meat. Nothing extravagant, but still, we need to not shop, like, ever again.

The Really Really Fat: I've gained all my weight back. All 10lbs. Darn those caramel brownies.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

still look good to me! :)
AND...great job selling the truck. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

gina said...

Awh! I say you deserve to gain that weight back. Since you mentioned Sonic, I've eaten there four times and crave it every day. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it! Dang, that sounds good for dinner! ;)