Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Love the Local News

Not really. Really I mostly hate them for always searching high and low for anything to call news and turn it into something REALLY DRAMATIC. But last night, last night was different. Last night was a local news broadcast that changed my life, my self esteem, and my level of slovenliness (good luck with that one, spellchecker thingy). Last night the opening "hook" for one segment was something like "And now, a local couple goes to jail and has children taken away for having a messy house"

First, my heart stopped while I imagined the the local House Cleaning Gestapo coming to rip my young'uns from my saggy bosom (also known as big ones/little ones and/or panacakes). Then I panicked when I realized that my not as young children were in the same room and heard the very same thing and could be plotting their calls, or threats to call, the HSG, saving those threats for just the right time to best benefit their situation. I searched immediately for the remote control so that I could quickly press record and then turn off the TV, enabling me to finish watching it later without an undesirable audience present. Before I could find it, though, they were already showing pictures of the home and MINE IS SO NOT THAT BAD. I don't even HAVE cats, so there is no cat feces throughout my home, including on the children's beds. And the clutter is generally just clutter NOT ACTUAL GARBAGE AND ROTTING FOOD EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK. I'm nobody to judge them, but I do feel like sending them a big old thank you note for making my day significantly better.

Here's my favorite picture (taken right off the local stations website, real nice, kick them while they're down), see what I mean, though? I feel that I could eat off my toilet seat right now, it's so darn clean.
I do agree with my husband's only comment, "Yeah, but those poor people have four BOYS". That's a great point.
As I am typing this, sweet, sweet Superturd dumped an entire batch of popcorn from one end of the house to the other and mixed it all up with one thousand rubber bands from a bag he found. I'm not looking so good now, but if I can just keep my three littlest critters from depositing feces throughout the house I should be ok.

3 comments:

Thayer & Associates said...

Terry had friends like that.

jlcumber said...

that is sick. I freak out when the cat takes a poop in the house and kick them out, but I don't LEAVE the poop!! MY GOODNESS!!! and your house is NOTHING like that!

gina said...

My heart really goes out to the kids in these situations. Look at that bed. That's sick! In my opinion, they deserve a better home. That being said, I'm getting off the computer and cleaning my house! It's not that bad but bad enough to stop me from blogging for an hour! I don't want my kids to ever feel that they live in filth. :)