Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day Dad!

To My Dad

Thank you for having a sense of humor.

Thank you for knowing everything and sharing your knowledge with us.

Thank you for teaching us to love the outdoors and nature.

Thanks for giving us an awesome yard to grow up in.

Thank you for giving us a good example of what a loving marriage looks like.

Thank you for not leaving all of us and running far far away when we were all a terribly loud, obnoxious, mess. I'm sure it was tempting a few times.

Thank you for being the kind of parent that let me make my mistakes and learn from them and never making me feel judged or disowned. And for still not killing me when I break your stuff or screw up. It's nice to know that I will probably get an eye roll or raised eyebrow, but not a beating.

Thank you for teaching us to honor our heritage and respect our elders and embrace traditions and for teaching us about where you're from and telling us stories from your childhood. I always wished I could have lived there and had the adventures you had.

Thank you for loving my kids, they love you so much, too. And for being a great Father in Law, Chris feels like you guys are just great friends.

Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: