Wednesday, May 28, 2008

6 Days with no Posts?!?!

I hope you all think I was being "disciplined" and "productive". I totally wasn't, unless you call being completely and overwhelmingly obsessed with online couponing, productive. It is beneficial to my home making "career" and Chris is getting into it too. We've gotten a lot of free stuff, or nearly free stuff, and we've spent very little on our groceries. Some of the MANY websites I've become obsessed with checking daily are: http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com/ and http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/ and http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ andhttp://www.becentsable.net/.

I'm now checking the weekly online ads for each grocery store and mapping out how to get the best deals for each one without going out of our way, making multiple trips, or wasting gas. I never, ever shop at Fred Meyer, but as we passed it this week I ran in and grabbed ground beef for 99cents a pound and chicken for 88 cents. I stuck to those items, too, so I didn't buy anything that wasn't super cheap.

I had no idea that Walgreen's offers so many free after rebate items. And the rebates are online now, so I don't have to rely on myself mailing something in, which never happens. Walgreen's is the closest store to me and on my way home from anywhere, so that's working out well. They also give you coupons at the register for cash toward your next purchase. My last two trips have yielded a $5 and $7 towards next purchases. Pretty cool stuff. MoneySavingMom has a great tutorial on making it all work HERE. That's just for Walgreen's, but she has many more as well. I had to print it all out and study it to understand it. I'm slow, but determined.

I'm in the process of blogging about our Memorial Day (at home, in the rain) weekend. Nothing exciting, but still decent. This will probably be one of those ten posts in one day days, so try to keep up, y'all.

1 comments:

Roger said...

Welcome back. I missed you.
I'm so impressed with your shopping. I wish I wasn't too old a dog to learn a new trick.