Monday, May 5, 2008

Just Two of the Reasons I May Rush Out and Buy a New Cell Phone

My partner in codependency left this evening for his business training and took the phone charger with him. Clearly he needs it more than I do, but for the life of me I can't find the other one. Does this warrant rushing to the nearest AT&T store and getting a phone? Possibly. Why do we share one charger between us? Because we share everything. We're so Rootbeer.



An even bigger reason for buying a new phone is that I need a camera phone. I've thought this for awhile now, but today it became urgent because while driving down SR503(local highway, 5 lanes, 55mph) we stopped at a red light. Passing us was a very very large woman wearing gray spandex shorts and a matching sports bra. So hot, right? I know. More entertaining, though, were the skates that she was sporting. They looked just like these...

She was skating along and when she's stop she'd stand up on the toe stops and just stay there on her toes. Weird. Here's the very best part of all...she was walking a Shetland pony on a leash. Picture it: sports bra, skates, sausage loaf, pony. I felt like I was back in SE Portland working with all the crazies. This is why I need a new phone, mine doesn't have a camera in it. Sure I get my email and web access, but today I would have traded straight across for my daughters free phone that has a camera. I thought seriously about pulling into Chevron and spending all of my gas money on a disposable camera. We passed her again on our way home and I can't stop wondering where she was going with that pony.

5 comments:

jlcumber said...

No way!?! Really??? I need you to find her again and have your video camera in the car!

Thayer & Associates said...

You are so Rootbeer.

Thayer & Associates said...

Do we have a Top Ten.

Lars said...

You said Rootbeer yourself! :0) And this is so photo worthy!

Sam said...

I just can't even fathom how funny that was. How did you not crash and burn??? That's the best mental image I have had in awhile. Good times.