Friday, May 16, 2008

Great Mommy Lifter (not in an underwire type way, just an emotional way)

I just read an article (read here) by Orson Scott Card that made me a little misty about the privilege of raising little children. Here's an excerpt that I really liked.


"I watch younger couples ... lugging around diaper bags and strollers, with babes in arms crying or sleeping, toddlers trotting along or getting dragged, and I'm envious.

Child-rearing is the closest we can come to understanding God. Giving all we can when the little ones are hopelessly dependent on us. Standing back and letting them make their own mistakes when they hunger for independence long before they really understand the consequences of their own choices.

It's a glorious ride, even when it's hard. Especially when it's hard."

1 comments:

Thayer & Associates said...

That made me a little misty. Good one Amy.