Sunday, May 4, 2008

Unfortunate Incidents

As I was driving to Leanna's shower yesterday my phone rang. It was Chris letting me know that the baby had just woken up and she was covered with vomit. Dried on vomit. She had been sick at least once in the night, maybe more than once. I felt horrible for her. Poor baby. How did I not hear her. I did keep driving and let him take care of it. He's just as capable as I am, and he'll be gone for a week, so he owes me. He said that Kiki was amazing. She bathed her and helped all day. I wonder if I can keep her home from school while he gone. I feel so bad for the baby. And for MoMo because she was supposed to have a TBall game and he couldn't take her with a puking baby.

In other news, our friend's drunk wife was back in the ER on Friday. She was working (in the hospital, she's a phlebotomist) when her boss noticed that she wasn't OK, so she was sent to the ER to get checked out. The doctor ran some tests, including blood work, and came in to report his findings to her. Luckily for us,and now for you, her sister was in the room and reported this exchange back to our friend:

Dr: Well, I can see from your results what's wrong with you. Your blood alcohol level is .40 (not .04, .40. As in 40% of your blood is Jack Daniels. As in I could bite your arm real hard and get wasted) That's 5x the legal limit for driving and you drove yourself here.

DrunkWife: I never said you could check my blood alcohol levels.

Dr: I'm a Doctor not a cop, I can run whatever tests I need to run.

DrunkWife: I haven't had a drink in 20 days, so you're wrong.

Dr: Mam, your blood alcohol level is at a point where I believe I should call Social Services to come in and talk to you about what your options are.

At this point Drinkey Drinkey realized that her sister was listening and kicked her out, so that's all the info we got. The highlights as I see them are: the continuous denial, even after the blood test and the fact that someone can draw other people's blood after consuming that large of a beer breakfast. She's so talented.

3 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

Are we allowed to know which hospital this is she works at? I have to take my son in for some blood work! Yikes!

jlcumber said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY MY MY GOSH! I just am in so much shock right now.
Should I be???

Sam said...

I am very sad and hopeful at the same time. I hope she finds her bottom soon. It would be easier on all involved. Especially her spouse.