Saturday, May 3, 2008

Where Can I Buy Medication To Treat Forgetfullness and Severe Disorganization?

9pm last night:



Hmm, I have to be at Leanna's in the morning to get ready for her shower and it takes two hours to get there. I wonder what time I should...HOLY CRAP, I'M SUPPOSED TO MAKE A DIAPER CAKE AND I'M LEAVING FIRST THING IN THE MORNING HOW DO I FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT? SOMEBODY HELP ME, You, oldest child, google diaper cakes, tell me how to make them, where's the extra packs of diapers? YES YOU CAN STAY UP AN EXTRA HOUR IF YOU HELP ME rubber bands? Do we own rubber bands?



The diaper cake turned out fine, thanks to a quick stop at Walmart this morning for ribbon and accessories, and owning my very own diaper wearer. No problem, I was totally prepared, no one will ever know the difference. Except the shower recipient when she reads this. Leanna, I assume you know that my preparation for any event involves hundreds of seconds of planning and stress. Possibly an hour if you're important. Which you are. Which you know because I left my house alone at 8:30am AND talked to several of your friends at the party without being told what to say. There were those times that something inappropriate blurted from my mouth before I could stop it and I apologize for that, but you knew the risks and you still invited me and your friends to the same party, so it's your fault in the end. I hope everyone is still speaking to you tomorrow at church.

4 comments:

Rhoda said...

Very cute. Is it actually cake or diapers? Either way, adorable!!

jlcumber said...

I thought you did an amazing job Amy. You didn't say anything bad until everyone but one was gone and I am sure she wasn't shocked at all. :) She has a sister remember. :)
I loved the cake!

Amy said...

It's just rolled up diapers. I can't decorate a cake. That's all Leanna's department.

Sam said...

Aim, I am sure you didn't say anything too bad...geez. I mean, most of them have likely read your blog via Leanna's so, they know your vibe. Hee hee.