Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I So Rock

Highlights of the day:
I didn't feel lonely or abandoned even one time.
I successfully funded a loan, called an insurance agent and got her to do my bidding, and probably funded a second loan, but we'll know if that went through tomorrow (don't ask me what any of that means, I don't actually know).
I got to the bank before it closed.
I got MoMo to TBall early.
We sat down at the table for dinner (the three of us who aren't sick). OK, it was sandwiches, but they were on my rolls instead of bread, does that count for anything?
I drove up and down SR503 looking for the skating pony walker. No luck. I will keep trying.
KiKi watched the sickos so I could get the 5 year old to her TBall game.
Talked to Chris many times.

Lows:
Lots of cleaning up after sick babies.
KaiKai is feeling worse again.
Superturd's illness has moved on down the intestinal track and is giving me a new reason to be washing tons of laundry.
CHRIS AND DOUG ARE HAVING A THREESOME AND IT'S NOT WITH ME. He just called from his room. He got a suite for some reason and the other guys got small rooms, so they're all hanging out in his room watching TV. I think he's falling for the guy they're in class with, they were all giggling like school girls the whole time we were on the phone. The other guys went and got beers and got Chris a cinnamon roll, so it's a party now. I feel so left out. I'm going to go have some ice cream now.

On a spiritual note, my prayers are totally being answered, I was at my whits end trying to figure out how to get my oldest to the school at 6:30 when I wouldn't even be done with TBall until after that and she's the only one old enough to stay home with the others anyway, so I couldn't even drop her off early. I really prayed for help on that one and she got off the bus and told me that her practice was cancelled. He never cancels. I could have kissed him. I did do a bunch of different religious signs of gratitude to cover my bases, you know, I did some Praising of the Lord, I crossed myself, I bore my testimony, I sang Hava Nagita. I really did, I was so grateful to have that taken care of and to know that He hears me and cares even if it's minor stuff, it still matters and I appreciate the help. It reminded me again of the Tender Mercies talk by David Bednar where he talked about all the little things the Lord does to help us out and how we can and should recognize His hand in all these things. It's so true, huh? By seeing those little helps all the time we are reminded of Him and His love for us. Anyways, I feel pretty good about how well it's going. I think I'll make it.

1 comments:

jlcumber said...

Nice. Sorry Kai is getting it too. :( Chris totally owes you!