Tuesday, May 20, 2008

If I slit my wrists and bleed out all over this keyboard, do you think it would damage my children permanently?

I was SO excited to get to take a shower today until I came out of my room and the whole upstairs appeared strangely spotless. I foolishly turned to my hard at work (not being sarcastic here) husband and said how nice it was that he cleaned up. He didn't. The 3 year old and the 1 year old did. I got that instant fear of "what have they done". He was so cute and took my hand telling me with much excitement that they had cleaned the upstairs for me. It was hard to be mad even when I saw that they had tossed everything they could find, including two full sock baskets and a framed picture, over the banister.

Then my Visiting Teachers rang the door bell. They were sweet and asked if it was laundry day. Nope, most of those were clean, but I'm not sure which ones. So, yeah, I guess it is laundry day after all, but hey, come on in and I'll try to clear somewhere for you to sit. I'm such a dork.

He's such a little angel!

3 comments:

M and M said...

Amy, You know that all we are doing here, is making memories. You are going to have some great ones.Even by tomorrow this will be but a memory and what a great one.So hang in there kid, and enjoy all these wonderful blessings.

jlcumber said...

No slitting wrists! I am sure if you did, Chris would take a dive off of the stairs too and then they would come live with me. :) I love them all, but not unless Kenzie and Kaila come WITH them! :)

Scheris said...

Amy - Thanks for reading my blog. I added you to my fav's... This post was a great one. I would have jumped off the balcony if I had seen that in person. UGH.. so glad Troy's daughters are 9&14... I was never meant to mother TODDLERS or youngsters. Wishing you the best.