Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Early Mother's/Birth Day

What with my hot husband leaving me tomorrow, we celebrated my birthday and Mother's day today. The first and arguably best thing they did was send me to my room after church for 2 hours. I came down to a clean house and a variety of barbecued meats to choose from for dinner.



KaiKai made me the Strawberry Cake we've both been eyeing for months but never have all the right ingredients. She did it all while I was upstairs. All by herself! The poor cake didn't live a very long life, but the life it did have was one to be proud of. The whole family loved it.




Then they did a Berg family favorite and made me a treasure hunt for my gifts. Two books, both by my boyfriend, Dr Oz, but one is a Diet book and one is about how to stay young. I'm not sure that I like where they were going with that. The can of Almond Roca was a shock, but not one I objected to. A diet book and Almond Roca. Interesting.


Kaila made me a tile with her likeness on it and it was glazed and baked and ready to hang up on the wall. Very cool, I would love to have more to hang around the back splash in the kitchen.


I was shocked and concerned in a financial way about my big gift. It was a card from the artist that did my St George Temple painting letting me know that a big canvas print of the Portland Temple is on it's way to me and he enclosed a signed 8X10 preview. I'm not sure which kid is going without food this month, but I love the painting. This birthday "poem" type thing is awesome. KaiKai whipped this up for me the other night off the top of her head. I hope you can read it, it's fabulous.
Look deep into my can of Almond Roca. This is less than 2 hours after I opened it. I'm guessing my stomach flu weight loss is taken care of now. The Ninja shirt is not mine.





4 comments:

jlcumber said...

NICE!!! :) Good family I say. Hope you aren't freaking out this morning and that you are still on a sugar high!

Thayer & Associates said...

looks good Kai Kai am I getting one for my birth day?

Lars said...

This is so awesome!

Sam said...

Me too, Kai Kai. I sooo would love that cake...you can send it to little known cousin Sam. Amy can give you the address. It's November. Middle of the month. Goody! Can't wait.