Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Birthday

I had a butt load of errands to run (alone) today, so I told me happy birthday by taking my kids to Wendy's in the middle of all the errand running. First of all, we can not pull into a Wendy's parking lot without my little oak tree begging not to sit at the table that she threw up at that one time last year. I always explain to her that it's not even the same Wendy's, but still she's concerned about that year-old puke.

Today brought an extra special treat. Not vomit, well, not at Wendy's, just in her car seat this morning, again. At Wendy's there was a large fatherly black man sitting right next to us. He was waving at VeeVee and smiling at the crazy things kids say. Very friendly. Out of the blue, MoMo asks me in a very loud voice why there are black people and white people. I was suddenly a very red person and explained that there are lots of different colors of people and I'm think that it's because Heavenly Father likes a lot of variety. She proceeded to argue with me that, no, there are NOT a lot of different colors of skin. Just black skin and white skin. I tried not to act uncomfortable. I think if I was the nice black man I would have found her question amusing, so I don't know why it's embarrassing. Maybe because I'm used to them being so little they don't even notice differences. Anyway, I lost my appetite, so that's good.

Tonight Jenny and Leanna took me to Beaches where they had my name on the menus at our table. It was a very nice gift and a great break after my week of solitary duty. Thanks sissies.

1 comments:

jlcumber said...

Thanks for joining us for dinner!!!!