Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Old Codependency Monster Rears It's Ugly Head

So far the new office hasn't been much of an issue. He's still working mostly from home and just going in when he has questions or needs to see his boss. Until yesterday.



Yesterday he spent the whole day there and by whole I mean 10:30 to 4:30. That's not the issue though, the issue is with the phone call where he explained to me that he needs to learn some important things and one of the top loan officers in the company is willing to take him on her sales calls every Friday. Yeah, HER sales calls. Remember how I said that most of the women in his office are outside of the age range that would concern me? She's the ONE in the WHOLE office that's not only young, but attractive. I'm trying to be rational, but it's not my strong point.



As is typical I didn't say anything to him about my paranoia. I've heard that acting jealous or suspicious gives them the excuse that they might as well do it anyway if you're going to suspect them anyway. Here's the big "breakthrough moment" for me, thanks to all of my blogging therapy from y'all:



Sooo, how is it that the one person in the office that I could be freaked out about is the one that's taking you under her breast, I mean wing. Why can't it be the other fat loud guy in the office?



Are you being serious? We're not really having this discussion, are we?



Hey, it's a big step for me to use my big-girl-words and articulate my feelings, so don't belittle me.



Amy, she doesn't even speak English and she's not attractive to me.



I've seen some of the women you check out and you're full of crap, because she's way better looking than what you call attractive and she speaks enough English to get by, but not enough to argue or talk back to you, so what's better than that?



Ok, you've got me there. But, this is very important to me and I'll do ANYTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to ease your concerns.



So I can go with you on your Friday outings, then?



You're crazy. This isn't going away is it? It's some sort of permanent craziness that we'll deal with the rest of our lives.



Yes. Were you confused about that?

3 comments:

Roger said...

AMY, STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR MOTHER. STOP IT NOW!

Rhoda said...

Oh Amy, I am laughing soooo hard! I love it. It is not just you and your mother, either. You guys are just brave enough to admit it. :)

Sam said...

Oh, Amy...you lost me at the whole "I will do anything humanly possible to ease your concerns" part. That's rock freakin solid. Props to Codo. You two are great. I have MISSED reading your blog...I have been away too long. :(