Saturday, March 8, 2008

Auto Response

Curse my impetuous thumb and it's auto-pilot tivo responses. Watching Oprah at 2am with a sleepless teether becomes infinitely more exciting when you realize that a) You have a Dr Oz episode tivoed and b) While watching the only human who can make you WANT to eat more healthfully you recognize your ex-future-sister-in-law in the audience. At some point in the past I knew Richards tragically(tragic for us, not for her) ex girlfriend had been to an Oprah taping, but it was long filed away under "long term memory optional". I briefly considered grabbing the camera and taking a self portrait of me along side the huge close up they had of her in the audience. Then I remembered I was in my bed time attire and the fact that I don't wear pajamas figured heavily into my decision to just save the episode and show my husband in the morning. Then that little pop up pops up at the end of the show asking me if I want to Save or Delete. My thumb is so accustomed to automatically deleting that it just acted of it's own accord and deleted. I briefly had that NO NO NO, PLEASE STILL BE THERE! feeling, but to no avail. It is gone. At least Oprah has lots of reruns, maybe I can catch Alex's 15 seconds of fame again.

1 comments:

jlcumber said...

that sucks!!! I woudl have loved to see her too. Dang! You should email her...she would love it!