Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Top Ten Tuesdays - Break Up songs edition


I didn't anticipate how hard my little game would prove to be. I had a real struggle narrowing this down. There's sad breakup songs, angry break up songs, high school, divorce, specific only to me break up songs. I did my best to choose what I think are the ten best, I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!

1. Nothing compares 2 U. -Sinead Oconnor
2. With or Without You. -U2
3. I can't make you love me. -Bonnie Rait
4. The Dance. -Garth
5. He Stopped Loving Her Today. -Mr George Jones
6. I will Always Love You. -Dolly or Whitney, I prefer Dolly
7. Against All Odds. -Phil Collins
8. Every Rose Has it's Thorn. - Poison
9. Hard to Say I'm Sorry. -Chicago
10. Help me hold on. -Travis Tritt

personal favorites would have included much Neil Diamond (Love on the Rocks, etc) Billy Ray Cyrus (should have been me) George Strait (Today My World Slipped Away) Please Come to Boston, and several Randy Travis ones (I told you so, Promises)

I thank you all for playing (I hope you have). Next week your assignment is Top Ten TV Shows ever. I hope this one's easier for me!

4 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I'm begging you to narrow the scope of tv shows....sitcoms, dramas, reality, talk, soapish stuff, classics, etc. TOOOOO much to choose from!

Sam said...

Amy, this shows you have impeccable musical taste...those are DARN good choices. :) Also, love the new blog layout. Very classy. :)

Lars said...

I am already ready for next week! It's done & waiting!!! What fun!!

Lauriann

Amy said...

See, Beck, Lauriann already has her's done for next week. Don't be such a wuss, you can do it.
Sam, thank you for your compliments. I too feel that I have good taste.