Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Flashback - Superturd's Birthday Edition

















Dear Son -


I think three is going to be a good year for me and you. You are excited to be able to talk and be understood. Your energy and curiosity is getting more fun and less painful now that you can do so many things independently. You would still prefer to spend all of your time outside, but you no longer hate me for hours when I make you come in. My favorite thing right now is telling you to say I love you so much. It's so adorable because it's not in your nature to be so verbally affectionate and because it comes out sounding like this I wub you show mush.

You love the number three. It is the first number that you have understood. Something about figuring out what three is was so exciting for you. If you see groups of three things you scream Look mom, three, there's THREE! Then you hold your little man hand up and show me three fingers. Trust me, it's way cuter than I can describe. One of the cutest things ever.
We still love each other to a point that makes daddy uncomfortable. That should probably change soon. I don't REALLY want you to take me to the prom. Maybe a little, but I know it's messed up, so I'll work on that.
You're such a big boy, now. You go potty by yourself. You stay in bed all night (knock on wood). You love going to church and seeing your friends. You love your nursery teacher. You love anything involving a ball or punching. You often ask me to play "punch you mom". This involves you hitting me repeatedly and me crying in mock pain and terror. It's lovely, really.
I love you and I can't wait to see how you grow and change this year!
Love, Mom

5 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

That "Morgan holding a baby whale, I mean Grant" photo cracks me up every time. This time it made me think of Jabba the Hut. Happy Birthday G-rant

Amy said...

We like to call him Pizza the Hut.

Sam said...

That was soooo very sweet. He will love reading it someday. You are such a nice mommy.

Thayer & Associates said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Superturd, Jabba, Wopper Jr., Grant C. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

jlcumber said...

Give him big boy kisses from us! I LOVE HIM!!!! :) xoxo