Thursday, March 13, 2008

RE: Intervention

An open letter to my sisters-



I can't believe you would all turn against me like this. I feel sabotaged and ganged up on. I don't have to put up with this. I do not have a problem. I can stop blogging any time I want to. In fact, I went for several hours, in a row, without blogging last night just to prove that I don't have a problem. I'm more of a "recreational blogger". I just do it for fun, I can quit any time. I don't NEED it. It's not like everything that happens every day of my life is run through my head over and over again to decide whether or not it's blog worthy. That would be crazy. THOSE people have a problem. Also, I cleaned my house yesterday. Even that spot of the kitchen counter under the phone (you can see it in Chris' after picture) you know the spot I'm talking about, yeah, that pile of stuff...gone. If I was a REAL addict, would I be able to clean my house one day this month? I think not. AND I went visiting teaching this morning with three children in clean clothes with clean faces. Not brushed teeth, but I couldn't find two out of their three toothbrushes, it wasn't due to blogging.

IF I had a problem I would obsessively check for comments like a crack whore scraping the remains from the bottom of the pipe to try and get enough for a fix. Ok, that is me, but I don't really see that as a problem, just comment high, not like I've hit rock bottom.


I know what addicts look like, this is the face of an addict:As you can clearly see, I'm not one of THOSE, I don't have a SERIOUS problem:




YOU CAN'T MAKE ME STOP! I AM THE BOSS OF ME! I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM! IF YOU LOVED ME YOU WOULDN'T SAY SUCH THINGS! HOW DARE YOU!

7 comments:

jlcumber said...

Don't talk to her...don't say a word. The Intervention Leader will handle it from here. We just have to get her to say yes once...then we go with it.

Good Job Aims. We love you! We just care about you.

*(this was a perfect retort!)

LAYTON FAMILY said...

oh crap. I'M an addict!

what kind of a name is abra said...

You are soooooooo funny. I laugh everytime I look at your blog, and I stalk your sisters too. I am also NOT an addict, I haven't had the shakes for a week because my computer died. I am NOT cuttently at the library trying so hard not to laugh out loud that my head might explode. Seriously, the scary guy next to me keeps trying to read my screen and he's a little smelly. I have not had dreams about blogging, I am missing so many good things that should be posted!!!! I am NOT an addict.

Thayer & Associates said...

Im sorry Jenny don't tell The Intervention Leader that Im enabling her. That was so funny and I laughed til I peed.

Lars said...

You are right Amy..you look NOTHING like an addict. What were those wonderful sisters of yours thinking??

Cleaning once a month works for me. hee hee

It's nice that you washed your kids' faces though!

Sam said...

LOVE YOUR HAIR, I would never have guessed you looked like that dude. (don't know his name, but saw him on court tv.) I am glad you clarified all of this to us, I feel better about your state of affairs. Love you!

Roger said...

Dear Amy,

I love you but right now I don't give a crap (literally) about your blog problems.
All I know is if your mother ever reads me your blog right after my colonoscopy prep again, she'll be cleaning shit off her walls for a week.

Auntie Gwen