Friday, March 21, 2008

The Wonderful World of Winco


For all the things Winco lacks it rocks my socks in the bulk food arena. Like BonJovi in 89 type rocking, sore neck the next day and all that.


If you have a Winco within four hours of your home, do not buy spices or baking type necessities anywhere but Winco. It's worth the drive, the bagging it yourself, and the clientele.


Here's what I picked up today:


Baking Cocoa 1.05 lb vs Safeway 7.00lb


Cream of Tartar .48oz vs 6.00oz


WhootWhoot!!!

2 comments:

Lars said...

Even the stores that won't take debit or credit cards. I completely miss the bulk spices section. When I need dry mustard or cream of tartar I am NOT interested in paying $7 for a little spice bottle. So after using up what moved with us and suffering through without for a couple years, I restocked during our PNW vacation.

Here's a tip: cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cocoa, dry mustard, cream of tartar & cinnamon become strong when enclosed in a warm, family vehicle while traveling. Fortunately our next stop was my best friend's house with tin foil & zipper bags. I segregated some of the stronger items, wrapped their bulk plastic bags in foil & then zipper bags.
It was all worth it! We discovered that the Winco cinnamon is finer ground and mixes into our french toast, pancakes & waffles so much better. And it was all so much cheaper!!

Happy Winco-ing

Amy said...

Hey, they take debit now! Good idea, restocking. I can't imagine the smell. I know how my spice cupboard smells and I wouldn't want to drive in it!