Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Frickin' Passion of the MoJo

Mojo is, regrettably, outgrowing a super cute stage. A stage, during which, every one of her prayers caused painful attempts to hold in really REALLY hard laughter. She is very in love with our Savior, Jesus Christ. She cries because she misses Him and wants to see Him again. Just today she asked me if He was with her all the time and asked me how she can be sure she's ready for His return and informed me that nobody except Him and Heavenly Father know when He's coming. Very sweet, very spiritual kid.

Here's the prayer thing, though. Her prayers are one really long list of thank yous for our blessings. Except, she always says "thank you for we can..." and it comes out in Mojo talk, which at least one aunt has described as "in desperate need of speech therapy" talk. So "for we can" sounds, every single time, just like "fricken". It's like "fer-wi-kin" but really fast. So, each prayer sounded like this, "thank you fricken go to church today, thank you fricken go to school tomorrow....and lots more frickens." While the rest of us choked our laughter down as best we could. I don't think she ever knew we laughed. I know she didn't or she would have frickin freaked out at us for laughing at her. Chris made me secretly video tape it the other night, which made me very uncomfortable. Something about filming some one's prayer felt irreverent and wrong.
I'm over it though. Now I'm so glad he had me do that because the last two days there have been no "fricken" prayers, just this new thing where she sees how long she can make her "please bless so and so" list. She starts to run out of people and gets desperate, so she sticks in a "please bless you" for Jesus, which I'm sure He doesn't need, but it can't hurt anyone to get prayed for, right?

4 comments:

Thayer & Associates said...

I love that Morgan. She is such a good kid.

jlcumber said...

I LOVE HER TOO!!! :) She is so so so cute!

Sam said...

Oh, I am just loving that she loves our Father so much. What a doll baby she is. Don't eat her face, Amy. Try to refrain. :) So, would it be just TOO much to ask to see her frickin prayer video that you feel guilty for even capturing? May be a bit over the edge of proper, right? What a sweet pea!

Sam said...

Oh, and one more thing. I don't know of anything I HAVE EVER HEARD that is sweeter than someone praying FOR Jesus himself. Choked me up, I am tellin' ya!