Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday - Songs that make me want to punch myself in the face for loving them. Yo.

1. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice. It makes me want to dance just like him. And get lines shaved in the sides of my hair. Again.

2. Blame it on the Rain - Milli Vanilli or whoever really sang it.

3. Buttermilk Biscuits - Sir Mix a Lot. Way better than Baby got Back. Yeah. It is.

4. High School Musical soundtrack - I really really love this. If it was a boy I'd marry it and have cute little babies that walk around singing everything instead of talking and look like Zach.

5. Barbie Sings - The princess collection. Chris and I both know all the words. I catch him humming the tunes while doing manly duties.

6. Lose Yourself - Eminem. This one really speaks to the soul of my inner rap goddess.

7. Forever you Girl - Paula Abdul. Great song.

8. Every little Step - Bobby Brown. Also a great song, and a great album, maybe I'll dig out my cassette.

9. Children's Story - Slick Rick. This one is really embarrassing. And I'm not easily embarrassed, so I think I get extra credit for this one and this next one...

9.Life is...too $hort - Too $hort. I can't help it. I must sing along and probably put my seat back really low and lean to the side and drive with one hand real gangsta like on the steering wheel.

10. Like a Cholo - Down. Number one most embarrassing. Not because of the song itself, more because of my deep love for it. I would marry this one and have mexican babies with it. Not the sketchy ones that stood outside of 7-11 and made sexy sounds at us growing up. The hot hot hot ones with the perfect tan and beautiful accents. Those kind of mexican babies. Love it.

This week was way more hard for me because of all the songs that I should be embarrassed about but I'm just not. Neil Diamond, John Denver, any 80s hair band, my secret rap stash. ok, that last part does embarrass me, as you can tell be my list. Yo.

Thanks for playing, ladies!

6 comments:

jlcumber said...

Children's Story - Slick Rick You so get extra credit there. And I thought it was Chris typing at first. Too funny!

Amy said...

I just made him read it and he winced at every song. He was more embarrassed of me than I was. Punk.

Lars said...

Wow! Your inner rap goddess huh? hee hee

So any assignments for next week?

Sam said...

Cute, Aims. Some of the cholo/rap bidness I don't even know, but I am sure it so totally rocks. However, BUTTERMILK BISCUITS! Yeahhhh baby! That's the stuff! *She sings* (Whatcha waitin' on boy, get up, shake a leg, give me 10 of them suckers with gritz and eggs!!!) Yay Aims!

Amy said...

I guess goddess isn't the right word, is it? How about inner ho? I'm just not feelin that.

Go, Sam, Buttermilk biscuits is a classic.

Next weeks assignment tbd, I'm thinking about it. Top Ten greatest albums? Yeah, if I can narrow it down. I'll post that tonight!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

My suggestion for an upcoming TTT- Top Ten Television Theme songs