Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

What did we do before? I was out of eggs for an embarrassing length of time last week yet I was able to make waffles and brownies. Thanks to my time working in the Fruitopia of SE Portland I know what vegan is and I googled it to find recipes without eggs. They were both yumm-o and I didn't have to run to the store.




I only brought this home because Target didn't have the Spray and Wash Stain Stick last time I was there. I'm so glad they didn't! This stuff is A-MAY-ZING. Ave got blackberry stains all over herself (from a yummy cobbler with the last of our five acres of blackberries from last summer).


I didn't even remember until the next day, but this stuff got it out. Then, when I let her crawl out to the swing set in her light pink pajamas in the mud (there's always mud here, and she started out walking, but yes she shouldn't have been still wearing pajamas at noon) it got all of the mud stains out! Love it. During my break up song "research" I found that You Tube has all kinds of old music videos. I was looking for GnR "Patience" to figure out if it was a break up song or not, cause I couldn't remember for sure. Watching it not only took me way back, but got me a little worked up. I didn't realize back then that Axel's dancing was so naughty. Totally is. Actually attempted to mate with the microphone stand (you thought I was going to say "dry humped it Patrick Swazy style", didn't you?).It surprised me to find that I still found Axel and Sebastion Bach very attractive, I wasn't expecting that. I was also pleased to find much Bon Jovi. So hot. Good times.




Jon and Kate plus 8 owns me. I look forward to it all week. Anyone who watches knows what I mean. I love them. I loved the episode of their flight to Utah. What a freakin' nightmare! Reminds me how easy it is to be raising five kids. Come to think of it, we need a road trip.



CraigsList ROCKS! This is where we found our swingset and we saved a bundle. Sure it's used, but so was the one we bought at Costco after we'd had it one summer. This one is way better and bigger and my kids are out there everyday. Watching them play out there I think it might possibly be the best money we've ever spent. Now if I could get my computer moved by the window where I can see the swingset I could spend waaaay more time blogging.


Much like my magical deodorant, this free program has saved me SOOO much money. Jenny brings out her super nice camera and portrait stuff and takes the pictures, then downloads them to my computer. Then this nifty little program lets me do all of the things I would want from a studio. It's pretty darn awesome.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Aim:
Thanks for the stain advice. I am the stainmaster (yep, like the carpet) in our family. If someone needs stain advice, they call me...so it's nice to have a new product to share. :) Also, have you tried the Dreft stain remover? WORKS amazing on protein based stains. Also, love Jon and Kate plus 8. That Mom is a bit of me. Little neurotic. Little bossy. Little snotty at times but dern good at her job. I aspire to be like her, but without the herd of little 'uns.

Amy said...

Dreft stain remover? I shall try that, thank you, stain master goddess. Kate is also a heroine of mine. And I love jon for being so laid back about her not laid backness.