Monday, March 10, 2008

Top Ten Tuesdays - TV edition

1. 24 - but only the first season. We screamed at the television in pain and anguish at the end of each episode. It went downhill after that first year. I love Jack Bauer, but not that much.



2. Facts of Life - I wanted Blair's hair and Joe's balls. I still like how Blair's handicapped cousin said her name "Bllleeeehhh". I'm not mean, that's how she said it. Don't judge me.


3. The Brady Bunch - I love Greg. I love the dad, gay or not. I once accidentally had Florence Henderson's hair cut.

4. Friends - Not anymore, I've tried, but when it was originally on I never missed it. I cried when Ross and Rachel broke up. I don't care if they were on a break or not.

5. King of Queens - My life on tv. To quote Doug Heffernan, "I'm fat, you're mean. It works". That's all I have ( why do I pronounce it half? Seeing it typed out is making me question my pronunciation) to say.

6. Scrubs - We didn't watch this until about a year ago, then we tivoed it and watched all ten seasons in about a week. It's that good. Especially if you watch it from start to finish and see them change and develop. Mostly for the changes in Elliot's hair.

7. Charles in Charge - I need to see if that's on tv anymore. Frequent doses of Scott Baio at any age contributes greatly to my level of passion, if you know what I mean.

8. The Real World - Stop judging, I say! Again, not so much the new ones, but those first seasons were great tv viewing. I do want to see what happens when people stop being nice and start being real.

9. Growing Pains - Kirk Cameron. Kirk Cameron. Kirk Cameron. I. Still. Love. Him.

10. Arrested Development - Possibly my number one. We watch it repeatedly and laugh out hard, out loud, every time.

11. Cheers - No, this is my number one. Classic stuff, right there. I can still watch it now and laugh just as hard as when it was first on.

That's what I came up with, ladies. I'm anxiously awaiting your lists to find out what all I forgot to remember.

Next weeks assignment: Songs you love, but are embarrased to admit it.

4 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I can't believe we don't share a single show in common. Unbelievable. I guess not really unbelievable. Most of the shows you watch are only funny to me if I watch them with you and Chris. Chris with one hand on the TiVo control, rewinding, laughing, rewinding, laughing, rewin....

Lars said...

More shame. Memories...wish I could recall.
I used to beg my mom to let me listen to the opening song of Cheers before I had to leave the room & get ready for bed. I would sing along, of course! Growing pains OF COURSE! Family Ties!! AHHHHHHH!! And this was so "easy" last week. well...hmm.

Lloyd thinks Scrubs is a riot. Working in a hospital he can relate. We watched the first season & are now watching the others on DVD.

Sabrina the Teenage Witch was also on my fun to watch list.

Amy said...

I told my husband last night that I had to at least consider putting Sabrina on my list! I love that show, too. Also, I love the Amanda Show. I find a laugh track is rather nostalgic and soothing. All the shows we watched growing up had them, I guess.

Sam said...

FACTS OF LIFE! You're right. That show was the shiz. :)