Thursday, April 3, 2008

BUSTED!

For the sake of my marital passion I would like to clear a few things up.

a) Chris is not a horndog out looking for "hot chicks". He very clearly remembers the argument more like this

Our friend doesn't need to be married to be happy. He can still date and have some nice companionship and enjoy friendships with women who are not insane alcoholics. He would be happier than he is now.

I remember very differently. The version I blogged was cleaned up for those among us who might be offended by my real version. With my wife/woman/hormonal/crazy ears I heard

WooHoo! Single life!! What could be better than a different chick every weekend and no one telling me what to do or locking me in this hell hole with five screaming kids who sing everything as if we are in a musical. A really bad really loud musical with a boring plot and the same chick in my bed every night. I crave variety and I hate musicals. I love asian women. I'm so jealous. I yearn to join our friend in the exciting world of dating lots of chicks.


I assumed that my lady blog friends know the difference between what a man says and what a woman hears. He's concerned that you will misunderstand and he'll never show his face in church again because he'll feel the angry woman eyes all around him, showing their disapproval. I'm sorry if I put him in a bad light. He is a lovely man and a wonderful husband.


b) I do not believe that if Chris stops working from our bedroom/office we will swerve tragically on to a road of adultery and intense psychiatric care. I'm simply conveying how much I enjoy having him around and it rocks for me to have such a close connection with him. That's it, babe. Not thinking you're going to run off with some lady with only 3 children, cause it would be so much quieter. Pretty sure you like the ones you've got. Pretty sure you like messing around with the woman who currently takes care of your needs in your current office. Just sharing my stress with my peeps. No harm intended. And, yes, our whole relationship is blog material. That's how I roll. If you don't like it, don't read it. Same way you don't stay in the room when I'm on the phone with my sisters. You're not going to like what you hear, so don't listen.

You rock mr. codependent hotty hot perfect body super model husband! For reals, he does.

6 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

For reals! He does! Who else would put up with her craziness and her crazy sisters? We love you, fur fur!

jlcumber said...

TOTALLY LOVE YOU FUR FUR! Thanks for being such a funny, supportive and great Brother in law! Couldn't replace you in a million!

Sam said...

I for one am totally envious of your deep connection and quirky synergy! It's really a joy to know how happy you both are, and how you love your family and each other. I don't think he's a boyho. I get your comment, too, that female ears hear something differently than male lips utter. Yep, it DOES happen, doesn't it?

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

I am tarded. I posted that comment three times, but one more thought. As I was reading this, I seriously felt the urge to jot down some thoughts so I could respond appropriately. Anyway, last comment, he can tell that friend one thing...."I am married, dude, and I am literally employed in the bedroom. My bedroom IS my office. You dig me, bro?" CQ (coolness quotient) will go way up, IMHO...and it will score one for the married dudes.