Sunday, April 27, 2008

Note to Self

Do not take the baby to church with you when Chris stays home. Even if it's in exchange for chores it's still not worth it. If you had been in the Chapel instead of in the hall with criers, you could have stopped the five year old from stepping out into the aisle during the closing prayer and kneeling down with her hands raised above her head in prayer. She might have still done the very loud amen, but at least she would have been seated with her arms folded in a very Mormon fashion. She's got a whole lot of the Baptist genes in her.

5 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

That's my girl!

jlcumber said...

I can't stop laughing!! AMEN SISTER!!!

Sam said...

Hey, those of us that consider ourselves Baptist love that sort of passion. YOU GO MO!! Good stuff, Aim.

Amy said...

My most favorite Baptist moments in our home are when grandma comes to visit and rocks out the gospel music on the piano. My kids LOVE it. I'm kind of partial to it myself. You know I'm partly mocking us Mormons and our "boringness", right?

Sam said...

Uh, yuh. I have attended a Baptist tent revival before, and a Mormon church service. I totally get the joke. (I spent a summer on the TN/NC border when I was 15...even went to a primarily African-American baptist church and saw music and moves never before seen by this little cracker.)