Sunday, April 13, 2008

Highlights of My Week

We went garage saleing, something that I didn't know could bring me such pleasure, but having five acres of mud and finding rubber boots for 50cents a pair got me pretty worked up. I've been wondering how I could spend 30 bucks on two pairs at WalMart, so I'm a big fan of the garage sales this week, that 29.50 I saved should buy me, like, 6 gallons of gas.

I over heard Superturd singing "Du du, dududuDUdu, dududuDUdu, dudududu", you know, the Star Wars theme. I've never loved him more. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it.

Today Vee said her first word, not including Mama Dada Baba (bottle), and it was WAFFLE, how glorious is that? I think that might be three kids in a row that said food words first. That's not true. MoMo said "Hi baby duck" over and over before she said anything more. Kiki would like me to point out that it doesn't sound like waffle, it sounds like fufful, but whatever, it's a word.

Kiki babysat for us Friday night without complaint, she was almost cheerful about it, like she WANTED us to have a good time. We went out with our best friend couple who we love and we laughed ALOT, they are some of our favorite people and having a night without worrying about the kids was SO nice. I'm glad I don't have to hire a sitter. I'm blessed to have such a responsible daughter. I love her and wish I was more like her.

KaiKai got her report card and it was perfect as usual, she even showed improvement on the "too much socializing problem", so we're very proud of her. Tomorrow they start they're state testing and that means no homework! Yeah for both of us.

It was so sunny and warm yesterday that we were able to clear all of the branches that we've limbed up and pile them behind the shop. It was good to have the kids out there working together. Superturd showed me his muscles and told me how strong he was, then he kissed each of his biceps and flexed.

We found a beginner reader for Momo and we're working on reading it with her, it's a very proud mom moment for me. She's still praying every night that the tigers won't get out of the zoo, but I think we're making progress.

2 comments:

what kind of a name is abra said...

Did I make your 'links list'??!!! Oh the thrill!! The love. I am not worthy.....

jlcumber said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!!