Thursday, April 24, 2008

You're So Smart

Thanks for all the feedback on the Oprah post and the Polygamy post. My favorite thing is hearing your views on things that are on my mind. I really liked Lauriann sharing that she read the book from the lady who used to be in the same group of polygamists, that shed a whole different light on things. That added credibility to the possibilities of abuse and even a form of captivity. I think I may read it to get some insight.

I TOTALLY agree that the Oprah video is extreme right-wing and over the top, but after I watched it I couldn't get it out of my head. The first time Chris watched it he rolled his eyes and walked away mumbling something about how he hates Oprah, but not for that, just because she's annoying and the video was a little much for him. Then a few days later we both felt kind of different about it. Not like she's exactly possessed by Satan, just that what she's doing is leading people farther away from the truth which is what he wants, and she's powerful enough to move a whole lot of people in a bad direction.



I sit here with Ash Blonde 8A on my head hoping for something better than orange. Is dark gray better than orange? For eight bucks it's worth a shot. I wish they sold Liposuction at Walmart. Right there between the Manicure place and the Optometrist, I could stop by after I purchase my next box of hair color and have my floppy belly sucked up. It's disgusting and I'm tired of trying to hide it. I wish I could wear a big baggy sweatshirt every day like I did in high school, although that might not even help. It's not that exciting to have no stretch marks when your stomach hangs down anyway. So gross. Lipo and Botox at Walmart would make my shopping experience complete. I've never done Botox, but I'm willing to give it a try and the super strong DNA for scowl lines that runs down my family tree makes me look old and angry. Or maybe it shows that I'm old and angry. Either way, I'd be happy to lose them.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

A) the new color looks good. :) you were much happier yesterday.
B) I would totally stand in the LONG line at WalMart to have the Lipo and Botox!!!

Lars said...

Re-reading your hair posts as "instructed". YOU have NO stretch marks? I don't care if the unmarred skin hangs down. You don't even want to know the...I've said too much. Jump up and down and flaunt it babe!