Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Holiday

Warning: Plot Spoiler
I just tivoed this because it was on the Starz free weekend and I know I wouldn't ever pay money to see it, but it does have Jack Black and my boyfriend Jude Law, so I thought I'd give it shot, since it was free.
I might have to buy it now. I cried, and I don't really cry at movies unless a child dies or is missing and presumed dead or is molested or injured in some way, or dieing of a fatal disease or a parent knowing they are going to die and leave little ones behind. See the pattern? Yeah, I TOTALLY don't cry over mushy stuff. Jude Law being a womanizer type and then when you find out to he's a really great single dad and Cameron falling in love with his girls and them with her, and her not thinking it could ever work with them, and him knowing he was in love right away, and her not knowing, and the adorable way he was as a dad, and so devoted to them and so fun, it was just too, too, familiar and I bawled like a teenager reading "Charly" for the fifth time. For you of other faiths, Charly is a standard Mormon girl romance, which I still can quote most of, and still read every few years.
That's my plug for THE HOLIDAY, I have no idea if other people would love it as much as I did, or if it's a cheesy movie to other people, but I might have to marry it.
I requested that Chris speak only with a British accent last night after watching it, but he can only say one thing in a British accent and it's Stop that which is never romantic, so that didn't quite work out the way I had hoped.

2 comments:

gina said...

I loved this movie too! You are probably getting sick of my posts but I think you're hilarious!

jlcumber said...

Where oh Where is your Top Ten list???

Gina Lee....I think she loves it! She loves comments as much as the rest of us do! Keep doing it. :) It keeps the madness going. :)