Sunday, April 27, 2008

Highlights of my week

The sun was out and it was a beautiful day on Friday and again on Saturday. We had Grandma and GG come out on Saturday for a TBall game. I think they got a kick out of it, too. Our buddy Gabe was on the other team and we didn't know he was even playing, so that was fun to see him. I got a cute picture of Momo and him together for their wedding video.

Jenny invited us out Friday to the zoo, even though she's had stomach flu for several days. I think the fresh air was good for her, and for me. She popped Pepto pills like candy, but she never puked. It was a great day.

Kiki got excepted to the drama program for next year. Even though she's one of the teacher's favorite students, it was still a little nerve racking for her.

Friday was the last day of state testing for Kai! I'm glad she's done, but not glad that she'll have homework again next week. She finished the Half Blood Prince this week. Pheww, one Harry Potter book left. I think she'll be sad when it's over, she looovvveeesss Harry.

VeeVee says baby. Mama, Dada, Waffle, and Baby. I wonder if we can make a sentence out of those words. She also raises her hand and yells ME! if we ask the kids a question.

Chris has decided not to take the job and will instead file bankruptcy and we will sell the house and move into our shop. Letting us live there will be part of the purchase agreement that the new owners sign. There's no running water, but the creek is right outside the door. We both feel it's the best move for our family considering the out of town training issue and the hours apart issue. I wonder if the new job pays for psychiatric counseling.

My hair doesn't suck as bad as it did.

After the zoo Jenny and I saw a sign that said "Tree Sale $5". Knowing that we should probably get home, we decided to buy some trees. There were tons of trees for $5. Fruit trees. I got two plums and another apple. That means we now have 4 fruit bearing trees. We are well on our way to an orchard. We also managed to put a fence around the new trees to prevent the deer from sharing in our harvest. Chris managed to use the staple gun on himself, which was way worse and bloodier than you might think. I hope he didn't need a tetanus shot.

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

Sounds like a good week to me!! Thanks for going to the zoo. It was nice to have Kenzie there to feel sick with!

Sam said...

Living in the shop may not be so bad..you can work on that whole carpenter dream of yours!! (Always the optimist, that's me!)