Thursday, April 24, 2008

Yes, I am Blogging in the Middle of the Day...

I just got home from our morning drive and found the computer was left on. I know it wasn't on last night, because I turned it off myself, so I'm guessing when Chris did 6am wake up duty this morning he must have used it to get through the pain. See, if it's on I can't not just "check my email" and "48 people's blogs" and then blog about it. That's why it must stay off during my children's waking hours. I'm like our drunk friend who goes "cold turkey" by only drinking 40 ouncers while sitting in her parked car. She doesn't go to bars or drink in the house, so she's "getting better" then one day she comes home and someone has left a Keystone Light out on the counter and there she goes, spiralling into the abyss of drinking in the bathroom with the door closed and the water running and coughing while she cracks the tab to cover the sound.

I recognize my problem isn't far removed from drunk girl's because I just heard the upstairs floor creak and I jumped up from the computer like a 14 year old caught looking at boobies. He wasn't even coming down here, it's not a rule he has imposed, it's not even one he really excited about, so that's just embarrassing.

Here's the update on the TV/Computer situation: Last night he left the TV unplugged until the kids were in bed without even throwing a fit. This is pretty cool for us. So much less noise is the part I'm loving, I'm less tense because that extra noise in the back ground is gone. I do think our marriage will survive this experiment. I'm hoping for the outcome that my Aunt got when she did the same thing, her kids remember that time as some of their best memories. Plus, what could be better than me and my codependent partner having even more time to focus solely on each other with no distractions? Because, you know we don't get enough time together.

0 comments: