Wednesday, April 16, 2008

True Confessions

Several family members are wondering if I'm serious about my need for Chris to work from home. I thought the honest answer was kinda, but not really. I really enjoy him being here, but I'm not a big fat baby, I'll live. I really believed it until yesterday. Now I think he might HAVE to work from home because I will be LOCKED UP IN AN INSTITUTION and he will be the only parent.

All he said was Bill wants to meet tomorrow at Happy Hour to go over things. That's all he said. I was sitting at our counter and I felt my head lower until it was resting on my arms and I was crying a little bit and seriously wondering if maybe we ARE hurtling tragically down a path of marital destruction. Bill wants to meet at Happy Hour to go over things. I could easily read between the lines and see, with my wife translating abilities, I could see that he quite clearly wants to be a drinker and meet drinking women at "Happy Hour" and if he goes to work at this place there will be lots more of Bill wanting to go to Happy Hour. We will never see him again and when we do he'll be drunk. With lipstick on his collar. Smelling of slut perfume. Skinny sluts with good hair color who don't dream of being truckers or carpenters and have nice quiet non-musical homes.

He tried reassuring me with things like Amy, I'll be drinking Diet Coke, what exactly is the problem here? and finally counter offered with How about if I ask him to change it to a lunch time meeting? Would that pull you out of you downward spiral into CRAZYTOWN?

Yes, thank you, lunch time sounds much more comfortable to me.

4 comments:

jlcumber said...

Oh my!!! Wow...Please tell Chris that I am not sure Mom and Dad will be thrilled to have you and the kids move back in with them...and I would take you guys, but only short term.
Good compromising skills Berg!!

what kind of a name is abra said...

Just wait until Superturd is a cubbie, I bet you get your turn at the boy-Mom stuff, if for no other reason to get you away from all that girly stuff. I am so jealous. My boys (all three) hate it when I sing.

My husband has 'overnight' buisness trips, sometimes lasting a week, he takes 'clients' to lunch or dinner. He even sent one of these 'clients' flowers, true, she had nearly died in a car accident but still. I am totally the same way, whenever he is late I think he must be having an affair or is dead, I prefer dead, then I don't have to kill him. Of course I never tell him any of this, I wouldn't want him to think I was CRAZY!!!

jlcumber said...

So awesome...see....she fits right in. Abra is adopted!

Josh has been told that if he ever were "bad" "IT" will be cut off with a very dull knife.

what kind of a name is abra said...

Amy--it's 2:00 on THURSDAY, you havn't blogged in hours, are you alright? Are you alive? Should we call for help? Blog, AMY Blog!