Thursday, April 10, 2008

Funniest Thing I've Seen All Day, Probably Longer

3:39pm We just passed a middle aged man walking around his trailer, in a robe, carrying a gas can. I can't help but wonder where he is going, why he is in a robe, and what's up with that gas can?

Chris has a theory. He believes that the man was sleeping, which he probably does all day, and a telemarketer called and woke him up, which sent him into a very drowsy rage. In his enraged state he grabbed the gas can with big plans to fire bomb the telemarketer.

We were still driving so we couldn't see where he ended up going, but it looked to me like he was heading straight into his house with that gas can, and it was a really big gas can. Maybe he's setting his actual phone on fire. I hope he realizes that his whole trailer will go up with it. I know because when a manufactured home catches on fire and the local news is there to cover the BREAKING story LIVE they always point out that "trailers" are very flammable. It cracks me up that they say "trailer"not manufactured home, especially when it was a meth lab, like somehow "trailers" are more likely to house meth labs. Then they top it off by saying there was "hundreds of dollars in damage", that's where I really lose it. Hundreds? That's awesome, not only did we call your house a "trailer" but we just pointed out that it's worth "hundreds of dollars", even if you did lose your Dale Earnhart collection. Trailer and stripper. They always say "stripper" never, like, exotic dancer, or skank who takes off her clothes for tips, just plain "stripper". I don't know why that's so funny to me, I guess it just sounds so weird coming out of the overly coiffed people on the news.

During the short time that it took me to write this post I was interrupted by the phone 3 times and by my children 16 times with such urgent matters as Do you think those rolls I just baked are still too hot to eat and Mom, can I play outside and I can't believe that hot boy at school cusses, I think I might die, I loved him so much and he's soiled and gross, will I ever find someone who isn't so tainted? I long to find the perfect man to match my glorious perfection. OK, that last one was greatly embellished, but it's what I heard in my head. I think she really just said Mom, I can't believe it, so and so cusses. The rest was all me.

1 comments:

jlcumber said...

Oh tell me tell me...who is so and so?