Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Things

This is going to be hard for me since I kind of already did it last month (here), and the things on that list are still my favorites, so here's MORE of my favorite things. I look forward to reading y'alls favorite things and getting to try some ideas from your posts.



1. Composite Deck. Right now it's so rainy here and I can't imagine how our deck would look if it was real wood. I know we wouldn't take the time to maintain it, so it would look like crap, and we wouldn't even have money to stain it, so even if we were likely to do the work, we couldn't do the work.



2. These tortillas are from La Tortilla Factory and I get them at Walmart. They have only 50 calories each and are low in carbs and fat. WAY better than most tortillas, which are pretty bad for you and can ruin an otherwise healthy low-cal meal. Most have about as many calories in each one as I want in my whole meal.



3. This bread is the BEST. You can't beat 45 calories per slice and it's normal size and it just tastes like bread. Way better than other diet bread, but I still buy the regular for the kids, because this stuff isn't 60cents a loaf.





4. My front loading washing machine. I've had it for several years, so I forget what it was like when I couldn't wash all my towels in one load. Even if all my laundry were dirty (not saying that would ever happen or anything) I could do it ALL in about 5 loads, that's how much I can shoove in that thing. Now, if I just folded it, we'd be set.


5. Trailblazer tickets! We were definitely not renewing our tickets this year, due to our obvious financial strain, but these last few months we've been able to sell enough of our seats to pay for more than half of next year, and next year looks so promising that we should not just make our money back, but also make a profit. I'll count that as my financial contribution to the home.



6. Zoo passes - For about ten dollars more than it would be to take my whole family to the zoo once, we get to go anytime for a whole year. What a bargain for really good family entertainment.



7. I know I've said this before, when Lauriann tagged me, but it's worth saying again, my deodorant is freaking AMAZING. I don't ever want to live without it again. As I said on my tag, it's been life changing for me.




8. Fake Panda Express Orange Chicken is SO GOOD! The recipe is on Recipe Czar (http://www.recipezaar.com/103215) it wasn't hard and it was so delicious that we may never eat anything else again. Screw cheat day. And it totally cost us less than 10 bucks, for real, and it fed my whole family, plus leftovers.



9.


Just kidding. I'm so funny. Seriously, though, massages are the best and I need them, like, every night now days. I don't know if it's from carrying my very "healthy" kids or from stress or just because I'm getting way old, but my back and shoulders hurt. Luckily, we do own this lovely massaging oil, thanks to my husband going through the check out line without me, because it made me feel dirty, like the cashier would think I'm some skank-ho, especially since I don't wear a ring and I have a billion kids with me. We probably look like I'm hoping he's my next baby-daddy. I didn't think about the fact that hubby doesn't wear a wedding ring, and he probably looked like a gay man stocking up on some lube. I totally should have gone through the line with him. He gives WAY better massages than any I've ever paid for, so, helping him not look like a gay man who just rented "The Holiday" to watch with his boyfriend, and figures it's a sure thing, is the least I could do.

10. Our piano because a) we got it for free b)I stripped off the horrid green paint and stained it a beautiful deep brown c)Because Kiki plays so well and I love the back ground music. She's taught Kai to play, too, and she has picked it up quickly, right now she's been playing Beauty and the Beast. Pretty cool stuff.

Oh, one more thing, I LOVE SNOPES.COM, I use it every time I get a forwarded email to check if it's a legit story or just someone screwing with us. Usually, it's a load of garbage, but one that was totally real was the one about GW's house being way more "green" than Al Gore's house. It's true. George rocks.

9 comments:

jlcumber said...

eeewwwww. :)

what kind of a name is abra said...

I totally agree with Jenny. I was fine until the whole GW ick. ick.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

It's like she SEES the line right there in front of her, says 'ah screw it' and then pole vaults right on over it. Whilst I do share your deep incestuous love for our dear G-dub, EDIT, GIRL, EDIT!!!

jlcumber said...

HA! Beck said Screw! LOVE IT!!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Excuse me, I was QUOTING AMY when I said screw.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Did you not see the quotation marks?

what kind of a name is abra said...

You know Jenny loves her 'bad' words....I used quotes!!!hahaha I'm funny. If only I were one of those crazy sisters.....

jlcumber said...

I think we should adopt Abra.

what kind of a name is abra said...

JENNY!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!