Friday, April 18, 2008

They're only quiet when they're sleeping and not always then

Sometimes I hear my sweet children's voices and I feel so much love for them that I actually cry.



Sometimes I hear their voices over and over and ALL FREAKING DAY over and I don't get one minute of silence the entire day, not one second, and then I cry because I think I MIGHT LOSE MY FREAKING MIND. Sometimes I think that if they don't all take a nap that I might just decide to take really long nap, like a forever nap. Sometimes I'm watching my one year old niece, so I have two babies in the house and they're NOT the ones who are driving me crazy, in fact they are BY FAR the easiest two kids in the house all day, because they haven't figured out how to talk.



It's as if they are sure that if I am not looking directly at them, if I'm not hearing every never ending word coming out of their mouths, that some sort of invisible umbilical cord pulsing with a life blood made up completely of words will break and THEY WILL DIE. Their very lives depend on them talking all day, only to me, and me responding to EVERY SINGLE WORD that comes out of their precious little mouths. Life depends on finding out how many Tball games are there? Are there a lot, because I really like Tball, oh there IS a lot? Well, what if it's too many, what if it fills up the whole world because there's so many and we can't keep up with all the games?



This must be one of those days that I hear I'll miss when they're older and my house is empty, right? I'll surely miss being woken up at 4:30am by a child who needs to BRUSH THEIR TEETH RIGHT NOW or they will definitely not be getting back to sleep EVER. Right now, at least for right now, I'm not thinking of the word sad.

4 comments:

jlcumber said...

I witnessed that Friday. :)

gina said...

That was me last night. My son calls me momma and it's very endearing... Until it's momma momma momma momma this momma that momma wipe me momma momma what ya doin momma!!!!
I was doing dishes last night and sorta freaked out! I screamed I NEED A BREAK NOW! My dh (dear husband) came to my rescue... but looked at me like I was going crazy and save our son... (I would never harm the little devil)

Lars said...

It's normal to want to hear silence and to not have everything you do be questioned. All I have to do is walk into my kitchen and open anything and the kids want to know what it is & what I'm doing with it and that's even if they are watching me & know the answers.

It's okay. Hang in there.

Thayer & Associates said...

Silence what is that? You do know Jackson right.