Friday, April 4, 2008

Even MORE Benefits of Lazy Parenting

My sons birthday was a week ago today and while we DID get together at Grandma's for some cake and presents with the relatives, I HAD told hot husband that I would throw Superturd a friend party also. I had told him that the party would be TODAY. Then I made OTHER plans for today. I wasn't really sure how to fit BOTH into my schedule, so as of last night I wasn't sure if there would be a party at all. This seemed to bother my husband. He needed like DATES and TIMES and INVITATIONS. He's so uptight sometimes. This morning we woke up to pouring rain, so the Tulip Festival was canceled, I had my sisters bring their kids out and I borrowed some boys from a friend up the street. Chris drove around town going 65 in a van with expired tags to grab stuff and before you knew it we had a PARTY up in here.








I would like to thank my friends at Google for once again allowing me to pull something off without ONE minute of preparation. I wonder if they get alot of marriage proposals, BRILLIANT men are sexy. If polygamy were legal I'd marry them.
Thanks to them we had a lovely yet MASCULINE dinosaur theme complete with coloring pages and coloring books and coloring placemats and...






Pin the horn on the triceratops. I don't give Google any credit for this one. This was all hot hubby. He free handed this beauty right after he peeled into our driveway and threw his birthday party purchases at me.How adorable is VeeVee? Yeah, I know, even her back is cute.
We all made pizza and had cupcakes with little plastic dinosaurs on them. Due to my lack of preparation I couldn't make my cupcakes with love baked in to every one, like I did for Kai, so Chris threw some in the cart for me during his crazed buying trip.Making my famous pizza crust.Leanna's baby girl eating her cupcake.
I printed off a bunch of dinosaur pictures on to card stock and we played Dinosaur matchey matchey (also known as Memory).








Kiki and Kaikai made these SPECTACULAR dinosaur feet and the kids had to make it around an obstacle course without dropping their dinosaur egg. I didn't foresee them all screaming YOU KILLED THE BABY! YOU KILLED THE BABY! if someone dropped the egg. That was unfortunate.I was so excited about this idea I think I will have it at our wedding when we renew our vows next year (he doesn't know yet, but he will be SO EXCITED I'm sure. About the wedding, he doesn't know about the wedding). So, this game was our wading pool filled with sand (that we needed to fill our potholes with) and under that sand was hidden a whole bunch of plastic dinosaurs. The Archeologist's dug up the dinosaurs and got to keep all the ones they found. SO CUTE. I'm totally in love with it. The decorations were all printed off of EnchantedLearning.com, so if I HAD made the cupcakes we would have been out about five bucks. That would be awesome even if we weren't broke, but it's even more awesome because we ARE broke. I wouldn't have thought of doing all this if it weren't for our separated friend who was talking about one of his other friends who had done her kid's whole party for 4 dollars by getting everything off of the internet. He thought she was crazy. I think I would marry her.

4 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You are my new 'kid party hero' !!!! Good job, mommysaurus!

gina said...

What a sweet party! I may have to steal that idea... I love the Archeologist's digging in the sandbox idea! My son't b-day is on Halloween. I'm pretty sure we are going to start celebrating it the day before so he can enjoy his birthday instead of our Halloween party. Confussing to a kid why everyone is dressed in odd costumes for his birthday! Why oh why did he come three weeks early?!? Anyhoo, cute party idea!

Sam said...

Money and pre-planning matters not. The love and memories of a fun four dollar party with family and friends (and a few kids off the street) he will remember forever...or for a few months at three years old. YAY Aim! Looks fun!

jlcumber said...

It was so fun! I am glad the tulip festival was cancelled now. :)