Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday - Hometown Edition

1. That Gas Station/Drive thru Dairy combo over on Baseline and, um, maybe Fifth. We got our car filled and told the Station attendant what dairy products we needed and he ran into the giant walk in freezer and brought us what we needed. Weird, but cool.



2. Walking to downtown to buy candy at the CandyBasket and trinkets at Hazels.



3. Going to the Aquatic Center and walking to Clark's house through Shute Park.



4. Hearing the High School football games next door and all the High School kids parking in front of our house and hearing the band play the fight song. Du Du Du dudu Dunt Dunt Du Du Du Du Du Duntduduuuu Du dududu.



5. Skateworld, WootWoot!



6. Picking strawberries for a summer job, which my kids don't get to do because of the labor laws.



7. Walking to school through soggy leaves, past houses that we thought were haunted and that church on 6th across from Libby Moore's house was so cool, I always think of Easter when I see that church, I don't know why. There are some beautiful old homes on that walk. My sisters and I walked the same walk last year and it seems like nothing changed.

8. The parades down Main Street, while it's convenient that they go right past the folk's house now, it's not the same.

9. The County Fair, I still like to go out there for it and you're still bound to run into someone from High School.

10. Mexicali Express. Still one of my favorite places to eat, but the only one left is in Beaverton.

0 comments: