Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Break Zoo Trip 2008










Here's an obnoxious amount of pictures from our trip to the zoo. This was on April 1st, which was during spring break. Chris had interviews all day, so I took the kids by myself and it wasn't painful at all. My son's request all day was to see the polar bears , oh, also if we walked too slow he asked to please see more animals now. The best part for me was seeing him at the zoo for the first time or at least the first time that he understood what was going on. Our zoo passes are going to be a big hit with him. This was the first time I've ever just packed a lunch, actually KaiKai packed our lunch, and we just spent as long as we wanted and sat in the park area and ate lunch and really enjoyed ourselves. The favorite spot for the whole family was the area where you can feed the birds. It was the best day I've ever had at the zoo. Then we went up to the Rose Garden and the kids ran around on the stage and up and down the steps. It was a perfect day, I know it will be a favorite memory for me, one of those really happy to be Mom days. Having all of my kids home usually does that for me. I wish we had all five home every single day. No, really, I do. I've offered the older ones to homeschool, but they haven't taken me up on it. We were gone so long that Chris beat us home, which was nice, so I wasn't home without him for long at all. Wearing out the kids is always a bonus as well.




3 comments:

what kind of a name is abra said...

That meant you were five minutes from my house, seriously. I would have even fed you luch to see you, ALL of you. I mean it when I say I would love to meet all your cute kiddos...how many are there??8-10, something like that. Anyway, at the least call me next time you go to the zoo and we could just meet you there. We always have zoo passes, it's like the best park ever.

Lars said...

The polar bears there are the MOST awesome. Swimming in the tanks you can see underground. So great!

Here, sadly, there's ONE polar bear wandering alone on dry land. Bummer. Our zoo is sad and even more hilly. Oh well! I'm looking forward to taking our youngest this year.

jlcumber said...

Promise you will go with me this summer. Marlo and Missy gave Ashlynn a zoo pass for her birthday this year. :) I love all the pictures!!! And how is Grant's neck now? That looks like it hurts!!!