Monday, April 14, 2008

Reasons I know my hair color sucks, other than the mirror

1) Even with the drastic, unmistakable change, hardly anyone said ANYTHING at church. That's what I would do if I hated it, just pretend it's the big yellow elephant in the room and ignore it.

2) My teenager friend did the mock heart attack thing and, clutching her chest, said "whoa, blondie, what did you do?" I tried to tell her it was just from the last few days of sun, you know, bringing out my NATURAL highlights. She wasn't buying it.

3) Another friend and I traded bad hair color stories in the hall for most of Primary time. I don't think you share you bad hair color stories with someone if you think their hair looks GOOD.

4) The mirror, I do own a mirror.

The new bottle of Ash Blonde is on my bathroom counter, but I'm so scared that my mother in law's experience will repeat itself with me and I'll have purple hair. I'm not sure that purple is better than yellow, I do like purple, but not on my head, not where only a nice light ash with highlights of blonde should always reside. Always.

5 comments:

jlcumber said...

I am SO posting your picture. tell me I can!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

I give you permission, Jenny, and I am the boss.

Amy said...

I say you email it to me first and I will say yes or no. Or I could just post it myself, whatever you want to do.

gina said...

It's can't be that bad! My hair was orange once and not on purpose!

what kind of a name is abra said...

PLEASE post the picture, then we can all make oooohhhh and aaahhhh sounds then we catch ourselves and assure you 'it's not THAT bad' before we break out in hyserical laughter. You won't be able to hear ua laughing anyway. I really want to see.....